Full stack developer - Malta English
Placement: Sliema, Malta
How’s a developer’s workday?
Our client, a small but expanding team of iGaming professionals from all over the world, has successfully attracted players from regulated EU markets and is now expanding its development team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, highly skilled, forward-thinking international team working in a dynamic and fast-paced iGaming environment.
The company operates three casino brands on their own platform (currently running Angular but is soon switching to React on the front-end side). You will have a substantial role in rewriting the platform and create the most exciting, safe and solid casino experience out there.
- Creating and maintaining awesome web apps using modern development stacks.
- Crafting great looking user interfaces and always improving user experience.
- Ensuring cross-platform and cross-device operability.
- Optimising our apps from a performance and SEO perspective.
- Living and breathing standards and best practices.
- Never delivering half products or stinky code behind.
- Coming up with initiatives that bring value to the business.
Who’s our new developer?
This role is an excellent opportunity for you to develop your career and improving your web development skills in a growing company. Do you enjoy working independently with your tasks and responsibilities? Do you also enjoy working in close collaboration with your colleagues and having an open flow of communication? Does the thought of being part of a rapidly growing company that is also best at what they do appeal to you? Here you can expect all of this!
As you may be aware, a great advantage of working in a small start-up company is that you can get ideas approved way quicker than in larger companies. You are also essentially more critical in a smaller organisation and will receive more praise and feedback. It also offers a lot more freedom regarding working hours, flexibility for leave, and so on.
We require no other language skills than a reasonable level of English, and we are also open to hiring non-EU candidates (a work permit will be provided).
The company also provides the opportunity to work remotely (need to be based in Malta, however), but you are more than free to come into the lovely office as often as you please.
- Experience with at least one modern frontend development stack (i.e., Angular, React, Vue.js)
- Experience with modern development tools (i.e., frameworks, package managers, build tools)
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with source control (Git)
- Proactive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills, team play
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Nice to have:
- Practical experience with Node.js, SQL and NoSQL data stores (i.e., MySQL/PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- A degree in Computer Science or technical certifications will be considered an asset
Scandistaffis a licensed (lic. 130) Scandinavian HR-partner that specializes in the recruitment of skilled iGaming professionals. We match candidates with attractive companies in Malta, Gibraltar and the rest of the UK. Scandistaff offers the possibility to take part in exciting opportunities at attractive companies that rarely reach the open market.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and our website to find out about the latest vacancies for Scandinavians in Malta, England and Gibraltar.
Equal opportunity employment
Scandistaff is an equal opportunity employment agency that values diversity. All employment/selection is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. We are in compliance with The Discrimination Act (2008:567) issued by the European Union.
Do you want to be the developer?
The recruitment is on-going, so please apply immediately. Send your application through our website http://www.scandistaff.com/apply. Please note that we need the application in English. Tell us about someone you think fits the job and you will get a tip bonus if he or she gets hired. If you have questions, please contact the recruitment manager Carl-Henrik Larneryd at phone number: +46 (0)31-3139318. You can also reach us through our Skype client: SCANDISTAFF.
We look forward to receiving your application!