Deputy MLRO – Malta English
Placement: Sliema, Malta
How’s a Deputy MLRO’s workday?
The company operates three casino brands on regulated EU markets. You will be part of a small team (12 people) that aims to create the safest and exciting pay n play casino experience on the market.
You will be ensuring that the company complies with its regulatory licenses and all MFSA, FIAU and European legislation relating to Anti Money Laundering (AML). In addition, you will work closely with top management to establish excellent practices, procedures, and company guidelines.
The company currently only accepts payments via bank transfer (closed-loop via Trustly). However, they are open for a more junior candidate willing to complete the tests and assessments from MGA and FIAU to eventually become the legal MLRO (currently being held by a member of management). There is also a possibility to organize part-time employment depending on your choice (full-time is also possible).
Our client will also continue to grant the possibility to work remotely (however, you will need to be based in Malta). You are of course, most welcome to join the very nice office in Sliema whenever you like.
- Further develop existing policies and procedures for the company.
- Liaise with all concerned authorities and create regular reports (Business risk assessment) to internal and external stakeholders.
- Train staff and management concerning AML requirements/guidelines.
- Oversee and ensure due diligence and KYC/AML related tasks are performed on customers and services providers.
- Lead internal projects to enhance internal controls and GRC.
- Review reports from the staff with regards to suspicious activity.
- Responsible for the implementation, operation and monitoring of the risk management framework
- Manage RFI requests and suspicious betting reports.
Who’s our new Deputy MLRO?
We believe that you are passionate about creating a safe, trustful and reliable player experience. You are a true “doer” that puts the company and players interest first and can act to prevent cases from escalating. We hope you are up for an exciting challenge that you are ready to contribute with your skills in compliance and finance areas.
Since the team (for now) is small, is it essential that you have excellent interpersonal skills and appreciate tight teamwork.
- Relevant degree and/or relevant experience from AML/compliance.
- Has to pass the MGA / FIAU requirements for MLRO (does not need to be in place upon start).
- Good understanding of the MGA legislation.
- Excellent social skills and ability to work in an international environment
Take the opportunity and excel in your AML career with a very well-kept and friendly iGaming pioneer.
Scandistaffis a licensed (lic. 130) Scandinavian HR-partner that specializes in the recruitment of skilled iGaming professionals. We match candidates with attractive companies in Malta, Gibraltar and the rest of the UK. Scandistaff offers the possibility to take part in exciting opportunities at attractive companies that rarely reach the open market.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and our website to find out about the latest vacancies for Scandinavians in Malta, England and Gibraltar.
Equal opportunity employment
Scandistaff is an equal opportunity employment agency that values diversity. All employment/selection is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. We are in compliance with The Discrimination Act (2008:567) issued by the European Union.
Do you want to be the Deputy MLRO?
The recruitment is on-going, so please apply immediately. Send your application through our website http://www.scandistaff.com/apply. Please note that we need the application in English. Tell us about someone you think fits the job and you will get a tip bonus if he or she gets hired. If you have questions, please contact the recruitment manager Carl-Henrik Larneryd at phone number: +46 (0)31-3139318. You can also reach us through our Skype client: SCANDISTAFF.
We look forward to receiving your application!